Join Our Family
Our FamDBB is looking to add a full-time Sales Manager! Below is a complete job description with instructions how to apply! Divine Barrel Brewing is an equal opportunity employer, and we hope you’ll consider joining our family.
Divine Barrel is looking for an experienced sales manager. The ideal candidate will be outgoing, organized, a great communicator and self-sufficiency is a must. The position is responsible for reaching sales targets, managing distributors, and expanding our distribution footprint.
About the Company:
We are a small, but growing craft brewery that has been open since 2018. We have a large taproom located in the NoDa neighborhood of Charlotte, NC. We currently self-distribute throughout North Carolina, and have a partnership with a distributor in South Carolina.
- Organization and communication are key – the ability to execute at a high level is a must, so you have to be able to communicate your needs in an organized manner.
- Leadership – confidence in your ability helps to inspire others. We are very much a DIY brewery, so you will have to act as such. Efficiency is a fundamental.
- You know distro! – You have worked for a distributor or distributing brewery and understand the ins and outs and all of the acronyms!
- Swiss Army Knife! – You’re here to sell to on and off premise accounts. They are to be treated equally. Don’t be afraid to seek out bigger accounts, festivals, or other marketing opportunities that align with our brand.
- Spreadsheets are your friend – Google sheets preferred for ease of access, but we all know Excel is better.
- Shapeless, like beer – in an ever-changing landscape, you must bring things to the table that excites you and helps to excite others through motivation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and adhere to the company’s mission and vision.
- Establish and deliver account volume, revenue, and sales goals.
- Manage relationships with distributor partners to build sales and ensure ongoing and increasing sales including, but not limited to:
- Meetings with brand managers, pricing strategy, new item submission.
- Motivate distributor management and sales force in order to achieve sales objectives, including the development and oversight of wholesaler programming.
- Visit accounts on a regular basis.
- Make sales calls to on-premise and off-premise accounts in order to expand distribution
- Activate creative and interactive on-premise promotional events.
- Establish a sales plan to achieve quarterly sales projections.
- Oversee community partnerships, seeking out opportunities rather than waiting to be approached.
- Work with the brewery staff to coordinate packing numbers.
- Deliver beer when required and the ability to lift heavy objects
- Report weekly barrels sold, revenue generated, track new accounts and report. Must align with sales goals.
- As this is a management position, the sales manager will be required to attend all management meetings and participate in all company meetings, especially the production calendar meeting.
- Hold weekly team meetings with brewery staff and operations manager where objectives and goals are shared.
- Complete annual performance review with ownership team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Candidates must reside in the Greater Charlotte area.
- Performance duties of this job include regularly being required to sit, stand, walk.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to heavy objects.
- Must be able to critically assess beer quality.
- The ability to travel via car or airplane on a regular basis.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state alcohol laws.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with distributors, top level account decision makers, and all internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Google and Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- High level of craft beer product knowledge.
- Excellent oral, analytical, and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, planning, and sales skills.
- Networking within our community and beyond.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work will be done at brewery offices and in business accounts.
- Regular visits to bars, restaurants, and other retailers beer are required.
- Travel is required.
How to Apply
We would prefer you email Owner/Operations Manager, Gavin Toth, directly at email@example.com, but you’re more than welcome to apply through our Indeed Job Posting. Thank you so much in advance for your interest in joining our unusually lovely brewery team!